Willkommen auf den Seiten des Auswärtigen Amts
Airport Transit in Germany
On the following page, you may find Information regarding your visa application in English.
Citizens of certain countries need to apply for an airport transit visa, which authorizes them to pass through the international transit zone at a Schengen State airport and to await a connecting flight to a non-Schengen Country.
Entry clearance requirements depend on the citizenship of the applicant. Nationals of certain countries are required to be in possession of an airport transit visa when passing through the international transit area of airports in the Schengen area. You may find a full list on the website of the German Missions to the United States and on the website of the European Commission.
Where and how to apply?
You may apply for your airport transit visa with us, if you legally reside in Georgia and intend to transit through a German airport.
German consular services are available through its Embassy in Tbilisi.
The German Embassy requires that you schedule an appointment in order to apply for a visa. Appointments have to be booked via our free online appointment system. Except for rare instances, you have to submit your application in person.
Click here for a link to our appointment system.
What do I need to fill out?
Schengen Visa Application Form
Which documents are required?
Please prepare the following documents for your interview:
- One completed application form for Schengen visa
- One recent passport size photo
- Flight (roundtrip)/travel reservations and full itinerary (if several Schengen States will be visited or if the trip covers several Schengen States and non-Schengen countries) with the name of passenger and one copy
- Visa fee: 60 Euro payable in Georgian Lari
- Applicant’s valid passport and one photocopy of the data page. Please note these important regulations concerning your passport:
- its validity must exceed the duration of the intended stay in Germany by at least 3 months
- it must contain at least 2 blank pages
- it must have been issued within the previous 10 years
- Original of valid Georgian residence permit and one copy
- confirmed airline ticket to final destination with the name of the passenger and one copy
- visa for your final destination, if applicable, and one copy
- In individual cases, you may be required to provide additional information
- For further, more specific questions that are not answered by this information, please contact the German Embassy via our contact form
- This information is intended to provide a point of reference for our clients. Though we have attempted to give as thorough and accurate information as possible, its applicability may vary according to each individual’s need, and therefore we cannot assume responsibility for its Contents.
- Please ensure that your application documents are complete. Incomplete applications may result in rejection of the visa application.
Additional information for minors under 18 years:
In addition to the required documents for the different types of visa (business, visit, tourist), every minor applicant (0-18 years of age) has to fill out an individual application.
- The application must be signed by both parents unless one parent has the sole custody or a residence order for the minor. In this case please provide a proof of the sole custody (e.g. birth certificate of child, adoption papers, court decision on custody).
- The minor applicant needs to provide a birth certificate (with German translation, if applicable).
- Both parents (unless one parent has sole custody or a residence order for the minor) need to provide their original passports plus one copy.
- In cases where either one or both legal guardians are not able to accompany the applicant to the visa appointment, please additionally provide the following documents:
- Signed and notarized letter of travel consent issued by parents/Guardians.
- Notarized copies of the parents’ passports
- Applicants who are not holding their own bank account in Georgia and are being sponsored by their parents abroad need to submit a notarized letter of financial support signed by both parents as well as their parents’ bank statements for the last three months listing the equivalent amount on the account in EUR.